Back to work

11 Jul

It’s Monday now, my first day back to work after 8 days at the beach.  I had a great time and want to thank my future in-laws for a wonderful stay!

To fill you on what went down at the beach after the holiday…

There was obviously a lot more fun in the sun 🙂  But I will say OBX was HOT this year!  I think I spent more time under the umbrella than usual.

It was still great to be on the beach and away from a computer.  I even managed to catch up on all my celebrity gossip via US Weekly and People magazines and I also finished a book!  I read A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy.  It was very sad, but a great story.  If true stories are your thing, I’d check it out.

I think it was Tuesday (the days tend to blend together at the beach), but whatever day it was there was a really bad storm at night.  So our cocktail hour was moved inside from the deck and we decided to turn the evening into Wedding Invitation Assembly Night!

Thank you so much to my helpers!  Trevor and I would have been putting together our invitation suites for days if it was just the two of us.  Instead, we were able to knock these out in a couple hours and they went out in the mail the next day 🙂  It feels so official now!  I’ll have to post a picture of the final product.

The next day I had to reward everyone for their hard work, so I made signature drink #2 – white wine sangria, yum!

Thursday morning the rest of the family headed back home, so it was just me, Trevor and his parents.  Thursday also happened to be our 7 year anniversary…Our last anniversary before we are married!

We decided to include his parents in our celebration and the 4 of us went to my favorite restaurant (at least my favorite in OBX), Metropolis.  If you are ever in the Outer Banks you HAVE to stop by, the food is out of this world and the cocktail are delicious!  I promise you won’t be disappointed 🙂

As usual, we had a great meal.  It was the perfect way to end our trip 🙂  We were going to hang out all day Friday to get in one more beach day, but it ended up raining so we headed out early and made it home in time to see my parents pack up the last few boxes in the house I grew up in…It was really sad and emotional, but I’m really happy for parents and we can’t wait to visit them in Georgia!

Trevor and I also inherited a few items from the move…more to come on that later


One Response to “Back to work”


  1. Better After « A Charming Tale Of Boy Meets Girl - July 28, 2011

    […] Creating and sending our wedding invitations […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: